npower complaints policy.

Unhappy about something? Please give us the opportunity to put it right. When you contact us, we will manage your complaint and do all we can to resolve it quickly.

As npower has now closed down, any open complaints will have been transferred over to E.ON Next. If you need to open a new complaint or follow up on an old one, then you can get more information on our complaints process.

Energy Ombudsman

If you’ve received our Final Position letter or we haven’t been able to resolve your complaint within 8 weeks, you have the right to take your complaint to the Energy Ombudsman. They offer a free and impartial service to gas and electricity consumers. Following an investigation, the Ombudsman can recommend ways to resolve the problem which you can either accept or reject. If you accept their decision, we will then follow their recommendation.

The types of resolution include an apology, explanation, corrective action and financial compensation in appropriate circumstances.

Please note the Energy Ombudsman will not consider your case unless you have followed our complaints process.

You can contact them:

0330 440 1624

or, if you have hearing or speech difficulties and use a minicom or textphone, you can contact

0330 440 1600

Energy Ombudsman, PO Box 966, Warrington, WA4 9DF

Independent advice

The Citizens Advice consumer service provides free, confidential and impartial advice on consumer issues and can be contacted at any stage during your complaint.

Contact the Citizens Advice consumer service.

Or call the Citizens Advice consumer helpline 0808 223 1133 (if you have hearing or speech difficulties and use a minicom or textphone, you can contact 18001 0808 223 1133), or contact them by webform. And if you’d like to better understand your rights as an energy consumer, you can read the ‘Know your rights’ leaflet. This has been produced independently by Consumer Futures in partnership Citizens Advice and Citizens Advice Scotland.