Making a complaint: Let us know if something isn't right.

If you’re not happy, we’re not happy.
Why? Because giving you the very best service we can is important to us.

Our Complaints Handling Procedure.

What is a complaint?

A complaint is any contact from, or on behalf of, a customer or potential customer who is not satisfied with any part of our service.

What to expect.

All of our Energy Specialists are energy experts and go through extensive training to take full ownership of your complaint from start to finish. They're empowered to make decisions in order to provide you with the best possible resolution to your complaint.

Firstly, tell us about your complaint.

We’ll work together to resolve it. Our Energy Specialists aim to find a resolution that works for everyone involved.

We’ll say sorry, offer to give you an explanation and fix any mistakes. We may also offer you compensation in appropriate circumstances. We aim to resolve most complaints straight away, but more complex cases might take us longer.

Don't worry though, we'll keep you in the loop so you know what's happening and what to expect next.

Call us on0808 501 5200

Not satisfied with the outcome? Let us try again.

You can ask for, or we’ll get you a second opinion from another expert or manager to reach a fair outcome we’re all happy with. Together, we’ll agree how and when we’ll keep you up to date on your complaint’s progress.

If you feel your complaint is not being addressed appropriately, you could contact our CEO at

Email our CEO

The Energy Ombudsman.

Is a free, independent and impartial service. If we don’t agree on a resolution, you can contact the Energy Ombudsman if we’ve sent you a final offer letter or if we haven’t resolved your complaint within 8 weeks. You can contact them on 0330 440 1624, email, visit or write to PO Box 966, Warrington, WA4 9DF.

The Energy Ombudsman will carry out an independent investigation on your behalf and any decision reached by them that you accept is binding on us, but not on you. As part of resolving your complaint; they may ask us to do one or more of the following:

  • Apologise.

  • Give an explanation.

  • Take action to correct things for you.

  • Award compensation.

Call the Energy Ombudsman on0330 440 1624
Email the Energy Ombudsman
Write to the Energy Ombudsman atPO Box 966, Warrington, WA4 9DF

Independent help and advice.

We get that sometimes you might want to get some free and impartial advice from someone other than us, someone independent. You could contact Citizens Advice, who offer energy help and support. All calls are free.

Some other useful contacts who offer free and impartial advice:

Need to get in touch about your complaint?

Message us on Facebook or Twitter or email us at (we're here 8am - 10pm everyday).

Or call us on 0808 501 5200, or 0808 501 5699 if you’re a business customer, 9am - 5pm Monday to Thursday, and 9am - 4pm Friday.

Or send a letter to E.ON Next, Trinity House, 2 Burton Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BX.

Our complaints handling procedure is governed by the Consumer Complaints Handling Standards Regulations 2008. You can read these Regulations at

We will not respond to mass lobbying campaigns as it affects the overall service our customers expect from us.